Event Name: Himalayan Hydro Expo
Category: Power and Energy
Event Date: 01 – 03 April, 2022
Location: Bhrikutimandap Exhibition Hall – Pradarshani Marg, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Organizer: Independent Power Producers Association of India – Shubhanchal Hostel Building, Near Vikas Sadan, INA Colony, New Delhi 110023 India
Co-organizer: Expo & Event Management Services Pvt. Ltd. (EEMS)
Phone: +977 1-5180402
Himalayan Hydro Expo 2022: Events Profile
The largest event of its kind – Himalayan Hydro Expo 2022 is scheduled to take place on 01 – 03 April, 2022 at Bhrikuti Mandap Exhibition Hall, Pradarshni Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal and is Jointly organized by Independent Power Producers’ Association, Nepal (IPPAN) and Expo & Event Management Services Pvt. Ltd. This first ever Himalayan Hydro Expo 2022 being organized for the maximum benefits of hydropower producers / investors, engineers, entrepreneurs, researchers and water resource experts from around the world. This Expo will also explore the possibility on how building hydro projects in Nepal will be better and affordable given the availability of high volume of water free of cost, best project sites on the rocky hills and gorges as the millions of youths to be employed. The basic constructions materials are also not difficult to supply such as rocks, sand, rods, etc.
With a current installed capacity of 2000 MW, Nepal is undergoing an energy transformation with unprecedented development in hydropower generation and moving towards an ambitious target to produce 15,000 MW by 2028. An event like Hydro Expo will be a unique and much-needed event concerning all stakeholders in the hydropower sector.
The 2022 edition of the Himalayan Hydro Expo will be organized through 1st -3rd April 2022 at Exhibition Hall, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu. The earlier editions of the expo had received encouraging reviews with a footfall of above 50,000 people and included exhibits/stalls from over 100 different national and international companies. This year, on similar lines, the Expo is expected to showcase over 150 exhibitors from hydropower developers, associated state-of-the-art technology equipment manufacturers, and suppliers, investors, banks, insurance companies, construction companies, etc. The expo will also feature products and initiatives relating to grid-connected solar PV systems, Electric Vehicles, Electrical Cooking appliances including Indian and Canadian pavilions among others. Further, to connect the participants to real hydropower project site experience, a special arrangement will be made for a short visit to various hydropower plants via helicopter. Along with that, VR visits of hydropower stations and other exciting events are also planned as special attractions for the events.
It is believed that this expo will prove to be a knowledge sharing platform for the interested parties such as hydropower developers, solar power developers, EV/electrical cooking appliance manufacturers, financing agencies, insurance companies, policy makers, consulting companies, contractors and engineers. As it brings together stakeholders over wide spectrum of energy generation / consumption, it is expected to synergize energy development within the country.
Besides this, the Expo will also host various technical sessions encompassing a wide range of subjects related to innovation in energy generation engineering, construction technology, project management, project financing solution and the like. In addition, the expo will conduct competitions for engineering/management students on hydro power products and services development as well as a unique event which is perhaps the world’s only Hydropower Robotics Competition – Hydrocon 2022. This is expected to provide much needed impetus to the hydro power sector which is currently at its all-time peak.
Do not miss to participate as an Exhibitor or Visitor.
Himalayan Hydro Expo 2022: Exhibitors Profile
- National and International hydro-mechanical and electro-mechanical
- Equipment Manufacturers, distributors and suppliers
- National and International construction equipment suppliers, distributors and suppliers
- National and International tunneling equipment manufacturers, distributors and suppliers
- Other ancillary products related to hydro and grid connected solar PV system equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- National and International Consultants
- Service providers in relation to operation and maintenance and other ancillary services
- Power Generation Companies
- Power Utilities
- Government Agencies and Energy Associations
- Consulting Engineers / Environmentalist / Construction Companies / Consumer firms
- Advocacy and Consumer Groups
- Fresh Engineers
- To showcase products and technologies for hydropower grid connected solar.
- To showcase state-of-the-art technologies for hydro and solar power development.
- To provide a common platform for all stakeholders to establish mutually beneficial partnership.
- To increase investment potentials and promote hydropower development in Nepal.
- To bring together the key developers, decision makers, contractors and investors under one roof.
- To provide a platform for launching new products and services.
- To promote energy generation and associated end-use of electricity.
- Showcase hydropower-related products and services.
- Showcase grid connected solar PV system related products and services.
- Live demonstration related technologies.
- Competition related to product and services in relation to hydro and solar power generation for
engineering / management students.
- Seminar, presentation and panel discussion on related technologies, financing and insurance and other relevant topics.
- Hydropower Site Visit via helicopter.
- Robo-Hydro-Con Competition.