Leather: Exhibitions, Conferences, Seminars, Workshops
More than 200 countries have hosted thousands of Leather Finishing & Supplies Trade Shows. At this platform, you can find updated information about Leather trade fairs including exhibitors, visitors profile, organizers details, show supporters, advertisement and endorsement, venue & date, and others in 2020-2021. It helps you to analyse your stand in the market and come up strongly in the show.
The Leather industry in India accounts for around 13% of the world’s leather production of hides / skins and handles a robust annual production of about 3 bn sq. ft. of leather. The country accounts for 9% of the world’s footwear production. The industry is known for its consistency in high export earnings and it is among the top ten foreign exchange earners for the country.
India has an abundance of raw materials with access to 20% of world’s cattle and buffalo and 11% of the world’s goat and sheep population.
The Leather industry is an employment intensive industry providing job to more than 4 mn people, mostly from the weaker sections of the society. Women employment is predominant in Leather products industry with about 30% share. The Leather industry in India has one of the youngest workforce with 55% of the workforce below 35 years of age.
The major markets for Indian Leather & Leather Products are USA with a share of 17.22%, Germany 11.98%, U.K 10.43%, Italy 6.33%, France 5.94%, Spain 5.01%, Netherlands 3.52%, U.A.E 3.35%, China 2.61%, Hong Kong 2.15%, Belgium 2.21% and Poland 2.11%.
India as Footwear hub
- For every 1,000 pairs produced and sold in India per day, the sector can create 425 jobs spanning manufacturing, allied industries, and retail.
- In terms of volume, India produced 1.8 billion units and is expected to product almost 3 billion units by 2024 growing at more than 10% annually
- As per Council for Footwear Leather & Accessories, the footwear sector has the potential to grow up to US$ 80 billion, or eight times its present size, by 2030
- Indian Footwear Market was valued at $ 9.70 Billion in the year 2019
- The per capita footwear consumption in India is estimated to have grown from 1.7 pairs in 2016 to 2 pairs in 2019
- Non leather footwear market in India contributed approximately 59 per cent of the total footwear market in 2019 with a market size of $ 4.3 Bn which is expected to increase to $ 6 Bn in 2024.
- 00/08/2020 – 10/09/2020 – First Fur Salon Moscow 2020: Fur Expo, Crocus Expo
- 01 – 03/02/2022 – IILF Chennai 2022: India International Leather Fair
- 04 – 06/08/2022 – Indo Leather and Footwear: Jakarta ILF 2022
- 13 – 15/08/2022 – China (Wenzhou) Int’l Leather, Shoe Material & Shoe Machinery Fair 2022
- 18 – 20/08/2022 – Shoes and Leather Rwanda 2022: Kigali Leather Expo
- 27 – 29/08/2022 – Footwear India Expo 2022: Delhi Footwear Exhibition
- 30/08/2022 – 02/09/2022 – Euro Shoes Premiere Collection Moscow 2022: Russia
- 31/08/2022 – 03/09/2022 – CNR Shoemod Antalya 2022: Turkey Footwear Fair
- 27/09/2022 – 01/10/2022 – ShoeTech Taipei 2022: Shoe Making Technology Show
- 13 – 15/11/2022 – Footwear and Leather Show Australia 2022: Melbourne