Categories: Media and Advertising
Date: 10 – 12 January, 2019
Location: India Exposition Mart, Plot No. 25272829 Knowledge Park-2, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Organizer: AIPTIA – Mumbai Headoffice, C-3/6, Taj Building, 1st floor, 210, Dr. D.N.Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001 India
Timings: 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
CEIF 2019: Delhi Consumer Electronic Imaging Fair – Events Profile
AIPTIA came into being with an intention to interconnect individuals, corporate and firms related to photographic trade. Over the course of time, the association has committed itself towards the development of their members’ skills & business. It has reached out, through various activities ranging from conducting fairs and workshops, representing the community in front of the government, and supporting the community. The prominent milestones include:
- Consumer Electronic Imaging Fair (previously known as Photo fair) that has been conducted twenty-five times over the last two decades to showcase products relevant to the photographic trade & industry.
- Representation of the community in front of the Govt. of India to reduce the custom duties on photographic products and to appeal for the abatement of service tax on account of input costs of photography services.
- Representation of the community in front of the Govt. of Maharashtra to reduce the Sales Tax under Works Contract Act.
- Facilitating Administrative Relief under Maharashtra State Works Contract Act, up to 31st March, 2004
- Conducting regular workshops and seminars on Service Tax & Works Contract Tax for the benefit of its members
- Financial support to photographers affected during the Gujarat Earthquake.
The association strives consistently to provide opportunities to its members and towards the betterment of the photography industry at large.
CEIF 2019: Delhi Consumer Electronic Imaging Fair – Our Story
The Photographic Dealers Association (PDA) was formed on 21st June 1973 by photo studio owners from Fort, Mumbai with 25 members with an aim to connect individuals with an interest in photographic trade. With growing visibility and effective implementation of their ideology, it was rechristened to All India Photographic Trade & Industry Association (AIPTIA) in 1996, as we know it today. Over the last 42 years, the association has progressed tremendously with a membership base of over 4000 spread across the country.
Taking a positive step towards promoting professional photography and making the latest technology available in India, the association started PhotoFair, a photography exhibition in 1978. Up until 2002, PhotoFair took place in Mumbai every alternate year and subsequently made its debut in New Delhi at Pragati Maidan in 2003.
CEIF 2019: Delhi Consumer Electronic Imaging Fair – Our Vision
- Disseminate literature and relevant information related to photography and the fine arts.
- Encourage research in the field of manufacturing photographic material.
- Be a source of education and technical information, increasing accessibility to advance knowledge.
- To create a community for entities involved in the manufacturing and distribution of photographic material.
CEIF 2019: Delhi Consumer Electronic Imaging Fair – Our Mission
The core mission of AIPTIA is to create awareness about the growth of photography, and provide a platform for those in the industry to interact and associate for an overall healthy progressive development.