Event Name: printpack alger
Category: Printing and Publishing
Event Date: 16 – 18 May, 2022
Location: Centre International de Conférences d‘Alger Abdelatif Rahal CIC Alger, Algiers, Algeria
Organizer: fairtrade GmbH & Co. KG, Ms Dariah Pfaff, Kurfürsten-Anlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Timings: 10:00 AM – 18:00 PM
8th edition of printpack alger from 16 – 18 May 2022 at the CIC in Algiers
- Africa’s third largest importer of printing technology
- Africa’s & the Middle East’s largest importer of packaging technology
VDMA: Algeria is one of Africa’s & the Middle East’s largest importers of printing and packaging technology
The Algerian printing and packaging industry is booming. According to VDMA, Algeria ranks among the largest importers of printing and packaging technology in Africa and the Middle East.
This is why more and more international technology leaders are expected to attend printpack alger 2022. The 8th edition of this international trade fair for printing and packaging will take place at the state-of-the-art CIC Abdelatif Rahal International Conference Centre in Algiers. Held in parallel to plast alger and organised by fairtrade biannually since 2010, the event has once again been prominently reinforced on the organiser side with Messe Duesseldorf joining in 2017.
Facts on printpack alger 2020
According to a survey conducted among visitors and exhibitors
Exhibitors from 22 countries*
- 100% of exhibitors want to participate in the next show
- 100% of exhibitors satisfied or very satisfied with the services of the organisers
- 95% of the exhibitors were satisfied or very satisfied with the event as a whole
- 79% of exhibitors satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of the visitors
- 3,162 visitors from 25 countries*
- 100%of the visitors recommend the trade show to their peers
printpack alger 2022: Range of exhibits
Prepress and Premedia
- Materials / Consumables
Bookbinding / Print Finishing
Provision of Services
Packaging machines and devices
- Machines for the production of packaging and packaging components for packaging, preparing and feeding to the packaging machine
- Machines for preparing, feeding and packaging of products
- Machines for packaging loose products
- Machines for packaging packaged products
- Machines for additional operations within the
- Tools and equipment to assist manual packaging
- Complete packaging lines Packaging materials, packaging means, packaging aids
- Packaging materials
- Complementary packaging means
- Business support
- Trade press
- Research and teachings
- Associations and branch organizations
Market update: Facts about Algeria at a glance
Algeria – The economic powerhouse
Hundreds of billion US$ investment program
Algeria is the largest country in Africa and the most populous in the Maghreb region.
The vast country is the leading gas producer in Africa and the second largest gas supplier for Europe. It is one of the three largest oil producers in Africa.
Considerable oil and gas revenues together with economic opening, liberalization and privatization have created constant GDP growth in most of the past few years.
With a GDP of US$ 147 billion in 2020, Algeria is the economic powerhouse on the African continent, ranking fourth after Nigeria, South Africa and Egypt.
Imports have increased from US$ 38.9 billion in 2010 to US$ 41.9 billion in 2019.
Exhibitors will benefit from the fourth massive investment program of hundreds of billion US dollars for 2020 and 2024, which will contribute to the development of the country’s infrastructure and the improvement of the living conditions of Algerians.
- 18th largest oil exporter and 7th largest exporter of gas in the world
- huge oil and gas reserves
- high cash reserves and minimal foreign debt
- stable government
- fast growing market for consumer and investment goods
- Public investment programs improve infrastructure and offer chances for supply
- new industrial policy to strengthen competitiveness offering chances for cooperation with foreign enterprises
- oil and gas production to be enlarged
- funding of large-scale projects state guaranteed
- considerable market for capital and consumer goods
- financial strength, young and western oriented population
- agrarian: wheat, barley, oats, grapes, olives, citrus fruits, sheep, cattle
- mineral: crude oil, natural gas, iron, phosphate, zinc, lead