Event Name: SIFSE: World Seafood Shanghai Expo
Category: Food and Beverage
Event Date: 24 – 26 August, 2022
Location: SNIEC – Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China
Organizer: ITE Asia Exhibitions Ltd.: Room 2203, 22/F Office Tower, Langham Place 8 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Timings: 10:00 – 18:00
SIFSE 2022: World Seafood Shanghai Expo Profile
SIFSE 2022 – World Seafood Shanghai is co-sponsored by the National Federation of Industry and Commerce Aquatic Industry Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai Fisheries Industry Association, and Shanghai Aige Exhibition Service Co., Ltd. It has been successfully held for 15 sessions and has now become the industry’s leading global aquatic product trade event. As China is accelerating the construction of a new development pattern with the domestic big cycle as the main body and the domestic and international double cycles mutually promoting each other, as a global seafood trade event, the Shanghai International Fisheries Expo has always followed the national strategic deployment and closely followed the development of the domestic aquatic products and catering market. Trends, with a professional and efficient business platform and high-quality supporting services, work hand in hand with colleagues in the industry to compose a new chapter in the innovation and development of the aquatic industry.
The 16th SIFSE 2022 – World Seafood Shanghai will be held in Shanghai New International Expo Center from August 24 – 26, 2022. The exhibition will continue to maintain a consistent professional perspective and excellent quality. With an exhibition area of 160,000 square meters, 4,000+ exhibitors, and 40+ industry exchange activities, the exhibition will gather global aquatic products, gather big players in the aquatic industry, and deeply connect the global aquatic product trade supply and demand. Relationship, share development opportunities, and seek the future of the industry together.
Reasons to Make Shanghai Your Next Market:
- China is the world’s biggest country with a colossal food and drink market – 1.3 billion people live, work, eat and drink in China.
- Wages and the middle class are on the rise, fueling consumption of imported goods. Average income levels reached $14,0070 in 2019 – a huge increase from 2012’s average of $6,200.
- China’s middle class is already larger than the US’ at 109 million people. By 2022, 54% of China’s population will be upper middle class. More purchasing power points towards bigger export opportunities as China’s taste for foreign foods grows.
- Seafood consumption is increasing annually, matching rising import levels and incomes. According to research, It is estimated that China needs 6 to 18 million aquatic products to meet the average annual growth rate of domestic aquatic products consumption of 9% – 27%. In 2019, each person ate 20 kg, while urban consumption of seafood has already passed 40kg per capital.
- Chinese seafood imports was $15 billion in 2019. Domestic over fishing and environmental concerns are pointing towards a greater demand for imported seafood.
- Shanghai’s individual imports are on the up. January – November in 2020 , Shanghai imported over 171.38 thousand tons aquatic products(not including fish meal), which values over US$ 1.5 billion, according to Shanghai Customs District P.R. China.
- Foreign countries are already stepping up export levels.
- Aquaculture operations are crying out for more efficient, more cost effective, updated technologies.
Why exhibit @ SIFSE – World Seafood Shanghai Expo
- The market potential is huge.
China, with a population of 1.4 billion, is the largest country in the global food and beverage market. According to the China Culinary Association, the operating income of the catering industry in the whole year of 2018 reached 42.716 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.5% compared with 39,644 million yuan in 2017. It is predicted that China’s catering revenue will increase to over 7 trillion yuan in 2023, which will reach 716.7 billion yuan.
- High consumption levels.
China’s rising wages and the middle class are increasing, exacerbating the consumption of imported goods. From 2000 to 2014, real wages increased by 400%. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, in the first half of 2019, the per capita disposable income of the national population was 15,294 yuan. This means that ordinary consumers can also consume high-end imported water and seafood.
Shanghai’s per capita disposable income in the first half of 2019 was 35,294 yuan, ranking first in the country in terms of income level and consumption level, so more money can be spent on high-end seafood products. Shanghai’s strong purchasing power is reflected in the range of countries that export higher tonnage seafood to China.
- The demand for imported seafood is large.
Shanghai is one of the gateways to China’s $20 billion seafood market.
From January to December 2018, Shanghai Port imported 182 tons of seafood, an increase of 68.96% over 2017. Through Shanghai, imported water and seafood products have the opportunity to reach more than 228 million people, a large part of China’s $20 billion seafood market. For seafood exporters, the city is a golden gateway that opens up a huge market for the purchase of high-end water and sea products.
- The international exhibition has a strong professionalism.
The service level of Shanghai exhibition has reached international standards, with convenient transportation and perfect urban facilities and service system.
Shanghai is a famous tourist city with a variety of food, clothing and accommodation options to meet various needs.
SIFSE 2022: World Seafood Shanghai Expo – Exhibitors profile
Exhibitor product profile based on Frozen & Chilled Products, Fish Cake, Seaweed, Dried Fish, Salted Products, Smoked & Grilled Fish, Fried Fish, Deep-Fried Fish, Fish Leather, Fish Extract, Health Food, Fishing Net, Fishing Gear, Fishing Equipment, Fish Cultivation Equipment, Aquaculture Equipment, Fish Products Processing Equipment, Processed Seafood Storage Container, Water sterilizer, Seawater sterilizer, cleaners & chemicals, Seafood, Fisheries Equipment.
- Creating an authoritative professional exhibition
Organized by the China Aquatic Production Chamber of Commerce and Shanghai Fisheries Trade Association, after 14 years of growth and development, it has become the platform of choice for trade buyers in overseas markets and overseas companies to expand into the Chinese market.
- Covering all types of exhibits in the industry
Contains all kinds of aquatic products, seafood; processed aquatic products, seasoned foods, prepared seafood; processing, packaging, preservation technology and equipment; Aquaculture technology and equipment; aquatic feed and drug; fishing tools and technology.
- Gathering in global aquatic companies
2,029 companies from 23 countries and regions, including Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, France, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Scotland, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, Vietnam in 2019, participated in the exhibition. A total of 65,389 trade visitors from 67 countries and regions were attracted to visit.
- Highlighting of the same period
A lot of on-site activities focus on industry hotspots. Industry special forums, imported seafood recommendation tastings, business matching sessions and other high-quality events throughout the exhibition, brilliant. Through comprehensive and in-depth exchanges, we will provide a broad platform for building cooperative relationships and realize more trade possibilities.
Visitors like Importers and exporters, Domestic and international seafood / aquaculture distributors, agents, wholesalers, Manufacturers and processors, Supermarkets / Hypermarkets, Caterers / Hotels / Resorts / Restaurants, Airlines / Cruise Lines.