Date: 28 February – 01 March, 2020
Location: HITEX Exhibition Center, Trade Fair Office Building, Izzathnagar, Kothaguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500084 India
Organizer: Media Today Pvt. Ltd. – (Exhibition Division) J-73, Paryavaran Complex, J Block, Neb Sarai, IGNOU Road, New Delhi 110068 India
Phone: +91-11- 29535593 / 29535872
Timings: 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
International Flora Expo 2020: Event Profile
INDIA – 2nd Largest Consumer Market for Flowers
With around 300 million strong middle and affluent class out of the 1.34 billion populations, India is poised to become the world’s 3rd largest consumer market by 2025 by which time the country’s percentage of super elite households is expected to rise five-fold. The growing purchasing power and rising influence of the social media have enabled Indian consumers to splurge on good things. Today, India is estimated to be the world’s 2nd largest consumer base and fastest growing retail destination.
Floriculture in India, an indispensable sector of the country’s agro-economy, is a multifaceted enterprise characterized by growing traditional flowers (loose flowers) and cut flowers under open field conditions and protected environment conditions. Flower decoration in houses is gaining momentum with the changing of life style of the people in India. Thus flower consumption is growing at a whopping speed of 30% per annum. The growth of the sector is also attributable to other segments of floriculture activity viz fillers, indoor plants, landscaping plants, seeds and planting material, turf grass , value added products, ornamental, dried flower arrangements etc. The consumption of flowers in India has been on the upswing due to its heritage of use of flowers for worship, ceremonial functions, child birth, festivals, garlands, flower-carpets, floral rains and floral jewellery. India also has a sizeable nursery industry with major hubs located in Hyderabad (Telangana), Rajamundry, Kadiyam (Andhra Pradesh), Kalimpong (West Bengal), Pune (Maharashtra), Gajrola and Shaharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Bengaluru (Karnataka) etc. Numerous festivals have added to the demands of flowers and have made India a floral super power of the future. The traditional disadvantage of ‘small farm holding’ is an advantage in floriculture ventures and it is also now realized that flower cultivation leads to higher income generation vis-a-vis other horticulture crops. A huge domestic market and high quality export oriented flower production is providing a unique competitive edge to the industry. With South Asia being the world’s largest market for floriculture, India is emerging as world’s fastest growing flower and gardening market. There is large expansion and acceptance of the new trends in gardening, nursery and flower industry in India which is blooming with adoption of latest technologies.
India’s Enormous Flower and Gardening Market
India is poised to become the top flower trading center in South Asia. Imports of flowers, seeds, bulbs, planting materials, greenhouse technologies and gardening related tools, accessories and equipment from all over the world are showing keen interest in capitalizing on this market. The latest developments in the nursery, gardening and landscaping areas in India are also drawing huge interest towards participation by global trade. The demand for flowers in India is constantly increasing which has encouraged the Indian traders to import some of the exotic flowers for decoration and floral arrangements. Major flowers that are being imported and sold in Indian markets include Proteas, orchids, Iris, Cala Lily, Heliconia etc. Thailand is the major exporter of tropical flowers especially orchids to India followed by the Netherlands. Floricultural exports from India comprise of fresh cut flowers mainly to Europe, Japan, Australia, Middle East and USA, loose flowers for expatriate Indians in the Gulf, cut foliage to Europe, Potted to Middle East) besides seeds and planting material.
External Trade: The export of floriculture products from India during 2016-17, as per DGCIS data, was Rs 547 Cr ($ 82 million). Of this around 60% is dried flowers and 40% is fresh floriculture items including live plants, ornamentals etc.
Thus it is evident that India is a huge market for two-way trade in flower business and offers wide avenues for all stakeholders from across the world. Today Indian market is on the radar of the world.
International Flora Expo: A platform with plethora of global networking opportunities
The 15th International Flora Expo 2020 is a regular annual feature which attracts stakeholders from India and other countries to display their range of products, technologies, innovations and allied activities. The 14th edition of the event held in February, 2019 was a huge success with displays from 300 companies Landscape & Gardening, Seeds & Planting Material, Machines & Equipment, Supply Chain, Processed Flowers, Packaging, Decoration, plant pots and accessories, Irrigation and Fertigation Systems, hydroponics and aquaponics, greenhouse technologies etc. A visitor footfall of 20,000+ over the three days of the exhibition was witnessed. The swarm of visitors was gleeful to have been witness to the mega event and wished to visit in future editions too. Students and youngsters were enthralled by the range of displays and the variety of arrangements at the expo which rendered meaning to the adage “Seeing is Believing”.
The Expo has emerged as South Asia’s premier platform for exploration of business / trading opportunities.
15th International Flora Expo 2020 – a must-visit blooming extravaganza for exploring trade opportunities
With broadening of scope of the event and enthusiastic stakeholder responses, the next edition – 15th International Flora Expo 2020 scheduled during 28 February – 1 March, 2020 at HITEX Exhibition Center, Hyderabad – is anticipated to be a blooming extravaganza for exploring trade opportunities both in India’s domestic market as well as external trade especially with countries of South Asia. The 15th International Flora Expo 2020 will provide a platform for convergence of global business interests such as conventional flower and gardening industry professionals, bulk buyers from large industry, florists, retailers such as home centers, supermarkets, departmental stores, interior designers and interior shops to exchange views on expanding their business avenues by availing the opportunities.
International Flora Expo 2020: Why Hyderabad?
The destination of flowers where one can witness the floral diversity is Hyderabad. From varieties of rose, Mogra, marigold, daisies, and dahlias to the most exotic types of orchids, gladiolus, Lilium and peonies all are available. Loose flowers and floral accessories such as veni and gajras are also found in abundance.
The flower market in Hyderabad faces huge demand on special occasions such like Valentine’s Day, Ugadi, Diwali, and Christmas. The peak season is the brightest not only in terms of the variety of flowers but also business too. The Gudimalkapur flower market in Hyderabad, for instance, presents a riot of colors as well as brightness that the flower brings to us. Hyderabad is a one-stop destination for all gardening needs too.
From ornamental flowering plants, vegetable seeds for terrace farming, succulents, cacti, medicinal plants, various bulbs and seeds, there is something for everyone. There are numerous options of plants. It also has cargo facilities enabling quick export of floriculture products. Considering these advantages, Hyderabad certainly became Media Today’s foremost choice for organizing the 15th International Flora Expo 2020, 14th International Landscape & Gardening Expo, 12th International Horti Expo 2020 and 6th Agrex India 2020.
International Flora Expo 2020: Exhibitors Profile
Manufacturers, Growers, Breeders, Dealers, Packers, Wholesalers, Importers, Exporters and Distributors of the following products:
- Production Machines & Equipment: Greenhouse Construction and Engineering Climate control, Cold chain, Shading nets and protection materials, Automation Equipment, Poly greenhouse & Glasshouse, Plant protection Shade house and Polyhouse Manufacturers, Test and Measuring equipment, Post Harvest Technologies, Grading and Sorting Equipment, Packaging and Bundling Machines, Automatic Seeding and Planting Machines
- Gardening: Horticultural Supplies (potting, composts, containers, hanging baskets, shovels, wood decks, terracotta, etc.) Exterior products, Soil Fertilizers, Manure, etc.
- Packaging, Decorating & Accessories: Packaging material, Wrapping paper, Flower vases, Baskets, Floral foam Wires Tapes, Ribbons, Art flower, etc.
- Planting Material: Breeders and propagators of patented varieties, rooted and unrooted cuttings suppliers, Bulbs and tubers suppliers, Tissue culture units, Nursery stock suppliers, Seeds & seedlings suppliers
- Processed Flower: Arranged flowers Bouquets (Bridal, home & corporate use), Dried flowers, Artificial and Silk flowers, Preserved & pressed flowers Potpourri, etc.
- Irrigation & Fertigation System: Drip Irrigation Systems, Misting systems, Fogging Systems, Sprinkler Systems, Mixing Machine, Fertilizer Supplier, Plant Protection Chemicals, Growth regulators & stimulants
- Seeds: Flower seeds, Vegetable seeds, Medicinal plants & herbs Seedlings, Bulbs etc.
- Importers &Exporters: Importers and exporters from India and across the world.
- Overseas Buyers from: Japan, USA, Germany, France, Australia, Israel, Russia, Holland, Italy, China, Korea, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, U.A.E., Bangladesh, Thailand, UK, Nepal, Pakistan, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Taiwan, Singapore etc.
- Flower Processing Cos.: Pressed flower manufacturers, Dry flower manufacturers, Potpourri manufacturers Corsage bouquet designers, etc.
- Landscape Managers: Landscape producers, Interior coordinators Garden designers, Movies / TV / CM / stage setters Advertising Agencies etc.
- Schools, Laboratories Other Professionals: Universities Professional laboratories, Flower arrangement classes, Ikebana Classes, Flower related organizations, Flower, designers, etc.
- Bulk Buyers: Wedding planners / companies, Botanic gardens, Event, halls, Hotels and restaurants, PR agencies etc.
- Retailers: Florists, Online florists, Supermarkets, Home centers, Gardening shops Department Stores, Gift shops etc.
- Growers & Breeders: Greenhouse flower growers Open field flower growers, Nurserymen, Horticulturists & floriculturists Corporate Farmer’s cooperatives.
- Wholesalers: Wholesale markets, Wholesalers, Traders, Commission agents etc.
International Flora Expo 2020: Visitors Profile
Visitors like Pressed flower manufacturers, Dry flower manufacturers, Potpourri manufacturers, Corsage bouquet designers, Interior, School Laboratories, Universities, Bulk Buyers, Retailers, Greenhouse flower growers, Open field flower growers, Nurserymen Horticulturists & floriculturists, Corporate Farmer’s, Wholesalers, Wholesale markets Wholesalers, Traders and Commission agents.