Category: Agriculture and Forestry
Date: 13 – 15 March, 2020
Location: Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC), 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phu Ward, Dist 7. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Organizer: Nova Exhibitions BV, P.O. Box 257, 3740 AG Baarn, The Netherlands
Phone: + 31 85 401 73 97
Timings: 09:00 – 17:00
Tickets: Free Entry
3rd International Exhibition and Conference for Horticultural and Floricultural Production and Processing Technology in Vietnam
HortEx Vietnam is the first specialized exhibition and conference for Horticultural and Floricultural Production and Processing Technology in Vietnam.
Vietnam has been securing socio-political stability, and is known to be one of the most dynamic economies worldwide. Since 1991 the economic growth has averaged a stunning 7.5% each year.
Vietnam is now in a period of golden population structure with 60% of its population being at working age. Furthermore, the country is a market economy, a member of the WTO, and a party to multiple frameworks for international economic integration, including free trade agreements with partners both within and outside the region.
Horticulture and floriculture are one of the most promising sectors of the Vietnamese economy.
Vietnam, with a population of some 95 million people, is a huge emerging market and the country’s exports of Fruits & Vegetables have enjoyed strong growth in the past years, with an average rate of 26.5 per cent a year; from $439 million in 2009 to $3,5 billion in 2017.
Furthermore Vietnam has the potential to become one of the world’s largest flower exporters according to experts.
The sector is expected to show further growth due to strong exports and a strong domestic demand. The Free Trade Agreement between the EU and Vietnam, which will go into effect as of next year, will give an additional boost to the sector.
HortEx Vietnam, which was successfully launched in March 2018, hosted more than 110 companies from 20 countries around the world and welcomed some 4.500 trade visitors from Vietnam and abroad.
HortEx Vietnam enables participants to meet key decision-makers, strengthen valuable contacts with customers and partners and explore the potential of an exciting growth market.
HortEx Vietnam 2020: Key Areas
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Flowers & Plants
- Technical Systems and Post Harvest Handling
- Logistics and Services
HortEx Vietnam 2020: Exhibitors Profile
- Growing technologies for fruits & vegetables
- Greenhouse technologies and equipment for growing fruits & vegetables
- Storage, cooling and quality preservation for fresh produce
- Sorting, packing and other post-harvest handling equipment and technologies
- Fruit & vegetable processing equipment
- Fresh produce marketing
- Fresh produce suppliers – farmers and traders
- Flower Business and Floristry
- Horticultural Technology
- Nurseries and landscape design
HortEx Vietnam 2020: Visitors Profile
- Professional growers of fruits and vegetable
- Professional growers of flowers & plants
- Traders, importers and exporters of fruits & vegetables
- Traders, importers and exporters of flowers & plants
- Landscape designers
- Distributors / Dealers
- Farm Contractors
- Professors / Scientists / Researchers / Agronomists
- Engineers & Technicians
- Agro Industry Corporations
- Trade Ambassadors
- Associations / Institutions
- Government Representatives
- Press and Media
- Food Industry
HortEx Vietnam 2020: Statistical Info
- Number of sqm: 5,000
- Number of visitors: 6495 of which 87.54% from Vietnam and 12.56% International visitors
- Number of participants: 200
- Countries represented: 28